Sunday, March 16, 2014

Spring Cleaning

So I took some time last week to do some site maintenance. I realized there were recipes I wasn't adding to the sidebar (like the poached salmon and cookie bars) because it was such a pain to do so with the overgrown list. So I bit the bullet and figured out how to break it out in to categories. There are a few "new favorites" on there but for the most part it's all still there, just slightly better organized. Here's hoping it helps!

The other spring cleaning we are doing is the "40 bags in 40 days." I am not doing well with moving them out of the house but they are bagged and ready when I am. That will probably be the holy week portion--the dropping off at everywhere further than Goodwill. (Post office, Mothers' Home, etc. etc.)

This week's theme: cooking from Pinterest.

Monday: Happy St. Patrick's Day! Sauteed onions and cabbage (because it smelled so good at Trader Joe's), honeybaked ham, and mashed potatoes.

Tuesday: Tacos

Wednesday: Spaghetti

Thursday: roasted garlic-parmesan cauliflower (using TJ's precut though), probably sausage-apple-potato bake for the grownups, leftovers for the kids

Friday: corn chowder with shrimp for me, the boys will figure out something :) (Last week it was pesto quinoa and might be again). Besides, I have a Moms' Night Out.

Last week: I used tilapia instead of cod and still loved the Phillies' recipe. The tomatoes, in particular, are amazing. I went back and bought two pints at Trader Joe's and made more. It still wasn't enough so there might be more again.

In the green food theme, I made the Tipsy Baker Smooth Vegetable Soup (well, not hers per se but that's where I found it). I have never met a leek soup I don't like and while this wasn't my favorite, it was a great winter-spring transitional soup and it felt very exotic (despite growing up with escarole soup) to throw lettuce in the pot.

We had a family St. Pat's gathering and I brought poached salmon and asparagus. That went well. I hadn't realized so many of the older cousins would be there or I would have brought pizza dip as well.

They are talking about one last snow...or two? But now that we have 60-degree days interspersing the chilly ones, it's hard to fathom any real snow taking hold. But we'll see! I'm ready. Baseball is beginning, basketball is over, I have my annual seven yellow crocuses on the lawn and mentally--I am on to the next season. Hope you are too--have a great week!

No comments: