Sunday, June 15, 2014

Three More Wakeups

And then my kids will be out of bed every day at 6am! Joy!

Kidding. Summer is sliding in right on time here and as soon as we get the screen thing fixed around here (as in, no, you cannot spend all day every day on them) we will be in summer mode.

Not much last week in the new food department though there were lots of old favorites.

I did try the ginger baked pears, and I liked them but they were not a family hit. Still: it's always good to try new things.

This week is tricky because there is baseball every night if the one boy's team keeps winning. As much as I hate the season for its unpredictability, length, and inconvenience, I love this team and this coaching staff and I want this for them. Here's hoping, but I know winning five in a row is a hard feat to pull off.

Monday: Joanne's pork tenderloin (didn't get to them last week), rice, zucchini

Tuesday: tacos

Wednesday: spaghetti

Thursday: first day of vacation so I am hoping to grill chicken, with grilled asparagus and lemony smashed potatoes.

Friday: ok, so Monday is complicated...we are invited to a World Cup game watch at a pizza place, but I suspect our own baseball schedule will make that not happen. If we don't have pizza Monday, we will have it tonight. If we have pizza on Monday, pork will be tonight.

Happy mid-June to all!

No comments: